There are so many dental services that Kiefer Family Dental offers. Many of these oral services like root canals and dentures are the type of services that are offered once dental problems have arisen. There are many things that you can do for your oral health. The basic term for what you can do to keep your smiles white and your gums healthy is called preventive dentistry.
What is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry is the practice of caring for your teeth to keep them healthy. It is dental care that helps maintain good oral health. This helps to avoid cavities, gum disease, wear of enamel, and more. Preventive dental care is key to keeping your teeth healthy throughout the course of your life. But it goes beyond that.
There are many forms of preventive dentistry. The most effective being daily brushing and dental cleanings. It’s a combination of regular dental check-ups ar Kiefer Family Dental along with developing good habits like brushing and flossing. Taking care of your teeth starts early in childhood and extends throughout the course of your life.
What are Common Preventive Dentistry Services?
Preventive dentistry services may include:
- Regular oral exams
- Teeth cleaning
- Routine X-rays
What Is Your Role in Preventive Dental Care?
Much of preventive dental care starts with you. Developing healthy dental habits early in life can help reduce cavities, gum disease, and gingivitis.
Here are the basics of good oral health:
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day. You should brush morning and night.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily to get food that’s stuck between teeth before it turns to plaque.
- Use mouthwash to rinse out food particles after flossing.
- Avoid acidic foods that can harm tooth enamel.
- Be cautious with hard foods, like some candies, foods with bones, seeds, or pits that could damage or chip teeth.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco products.
- Use a mouthguard when participating in certain sports.
- If you grind your teeth at night, ask your dentist for a nighttime mouth guard to help reduce gum recession
We at Kiefer Family Dental hope that the information about preventive dentistrywas helpful. The office of Kiefer Family Dental provides these services as well as the best in modern dentistry for individuals and families including solving all dental issues you may encounter.
Our highly-qualified dentists and gentle hygienists work hard to combine knowledge and skill with the latest in technology to give our patients the best possible dental outcomes. With services ranging from periodontal therapy, oral surgery. dental implants, dentures and even being set up for Invisalign clear braces, Kiefer Family Dental is your Evansville, Indiana A+ dental choice. Call (812) 424-9506 or use the website to book an appointment online.